RJ-Romain Jerome PAC-MAN Level II – The hunt for the Next Level
Released in Japan on May 22, 1980, the PAC-MAN video game is one of the most successful arcade games of the 1980’s and it is still played and enjoyed today by people around the globe. In addition, Pac-man will be celebrating 35 years of continuous success in 2015! Considered a “Classic” of the 80’s pop culture, RJ-Romain Jerome’s CEO, Manuel Emch, has once again teamed up with BANDAI NAMCO Games Inc. and introduces five new timepieces to the brand’s Collaborations collection: The PAC-MAN Level II collection.
Part of one of the longest running video franchises, this social phenomenon is one of the most recognized pixelated characters of the past Century. Acquired by the Museum of Modern Art in New York as part of its Architecture and Design collection, it was only natural for RJ-Romain Jerome to integrate this iconic video game character into a timepiece.
Introducing five new PAC-MAN timepieces to the Generational icons collection, RJ-Romain Jerome plays once again with the emblems of the 80’s and touches the memories and emotions of our inner child. Featuring three models with a new and exclusive black PVD-coated titanium finish, the famous PAC-MAN characters are housed in a Moon Invader 46mm case, bringing the game closer to the stars. The dial of the new PAC-MAN Level II collection stages PAC-MAN, Blinky, Pinky, Inky and Clyde, the four legendary ghosts, in the midst of playing an epic game! Also appearing for the first time, strawberries have made their way into this second level, making PAC-MAN’s mission that much more enticing!
The dial has been meticulously crafted with three different levels, giving depth to the face of the watch. RJ-Romain Jerome has recreated the PAC-MAN setting, by beadblasting the two lower levels, while the upper level features straight-grained edges. Furthermore, the characters and fruits adorning the dial stem from meticulous craftsmanship and have been machined piece by piece, applied by hand and gem-set. Each character has been lacquered in its original colours, or with black superluminova “blue emission”, recreating the game sequences. Additionally, this new collection features a frozen scene, following RJ’s yellow hero has eaten an “Energizer”, temporarily turning the ghosts blue, and making them vulnerable to his quest! Housed in RJ-Romain Jerome’s famous Moon Invader case, each watch behold on its case back, a PAC-MAN Medallion reproducing the distinct shape of the video game hero.
Have you caught the PAC-MAN FEVER yet? RJ-Romain Jerome definitely has… And to celebrate, the brand doesn’t stop there and introduces two new timepieces in a 40mm case size! Available in black PVD-coated steel, these smaller editions will delight their future owners by keeping the model’s intrinsic design and aesthetic codes.
Available in a limited edition of 20 pieces per model, the Level II collection is a testimony to RJ-Romain Jerome’s passion and admiration for the icons of the 1980’s! Legend of the game-o-sphere and a cultural emblem, PAC-MAN is a must have… So what are you waiting for? INSERT COIN. (RJ-Romain Jerome press; PAC-MAN™&©BANDAI NAMCO Games Inc.)
RJ-Romain Jerome PAC-MAN™ Level II
- Reference: RJ.M.AU.IN.009.05
- Caliber: RJ001-A;Mechanical self-winding movement; Frequency 28,800 vph; Jewelling 23 jewels; Power reserve 42 hours; Water resistance 30 meters
- Functions: Central hours and minutes
- Case: Ø46mm; Black PVD-coated titanium; Lugs fitted with safety screws and integrated ball-and-socket joints for optimal wrist
- adjustment; Grainy-textured stellar-patterned back with Pac-Man medallion; RJ safety screw on the case-back, exclusively accessible to watchmakers; Screw-lock crown
- Dial: Black 3D dial built on three levels engraved with a pixelated matrix. The lower two levels are beadblasted and the upper level features straight-grained edges. Pixelated PAC-MAN characters and strawberries lacquered with different colours
- Hands: Oxidized black and satin brushed, with superluminova « blue emission »
- Strap: Black rubber; Grainy-textured interior of stellar-patterned strap
- Buckle: Black PVD-coated steel
- Limited edition: 20 pieces