RJ-Romain Jerome Steampunk Tourbillon
RJ-Romain Jerome pays tribute to the Industrial Revolution and to the artistic movement that followed by introducing a new addition to the Steampunk collection: The Steampunk Tourbillon Gunmetal.
Embracing a provocative aesthetic, this new model shares the brand’s bold and hedonistic spirit and draws its inspiration from the raw energy that emanates from machines and engines from the early 20th Century.
The black-PVD case and lugs behold a 50mm Gunmetal steel bezel that has been brushed by hand giving it a unique finish. Infused with the Steampunks’ aesthetic, the complex dial is the result of a collision between an imaginary retro-futuristic world and technical innovation.
Each detail of the dial tells a story: at 12 o’clock, you will discover the off-centred minutes and hours indicator that has been subtly traced in light grey, while the satin brushed hands highlight the mechanics of the movement as time passes. At 3 o’clock, the “machine room” is revealed thanks to an intricate mechanism highlighting two “tooth-wheels” that turn to the rhythm of the movement. The power reserve indicator resembles the lever that regulates the speed on a steam boat and unveils the delicate perlage where the RJ logo is discreetly nested.
The timepieces’ heart is placed at 6 o’clock featuring a mechanical flying tourbillon that has been designed in the shape of an anchor with a power reserve of 48 hours. The tourbillon’s cage has been slightly raised to allow a perfect view of its complex structure. At 9 o’clock, we are reminded of steam-powered engines with a large titanium piston that is connected to the movement, allowing it to move up and down at a pace of 30 seconds in each direction. The full view of the dial evokes the image of a sophisticated steam room with an industrial touch thanks to its satin brushed finish.
The case back of the timepiece hides other design characteristics true to the Steampunk aesthetic. An anchor shaped component with beautiful “Côtes de Genève” decorations, holds the tourbillon cage together. The barrel at 12 o’clock in the shape of a sun has been brushed from the centre to its exterior, leaving a remarkable circular pattern. Each timepiece in this limited collection of 25 is finished with an exquisite Hornback alligator strap highlighting the darkness and complexity of the dial.
The Steampunk movement has given birth to creative concepts from which RJ-Romain Jerome has drawn its inspiration, creating innovative and bold designs that will instantaneously transport you into RJ-Romain Jerome’s wondrous world. (RJ-Romain Jerome press)
RJ-Romain Jerome Steampunk Tourbillon Gunmetal
- Reference RJ.T.TO.SP.003.01 | Collection Steampunk | Universe SEA
- Caliber: RJ200-TS, Mechanical tourbillon movement
- Jewelling: 36 jewels
- Frequency: 28,800 vph
- Power reserve: 48 hours
- Water resistance: 3 atm (30 meters)
- Functions: Hours and minutes at 12 o’clock, seconds indication at 9 o’clock, tourbillon at 6 o’clock, power reserve at 4 o’clock
- Case: Ø 50mm; Black PVD-coated steel and titanium
- Dial: Beadblasted & circular graining black PVD-coated steel bridges Hands; Rhodium & satin-brushed hour and minute hands, inspired by the anchors of famous transatlantic ships, Superluminova “green emission” on the tips
- Bezel: Satin brushed Gunmetal
- Paws: Beadblasted black PVD-coated steel
- Lugs: Satin-finished black PVD-coated steel
- Crown: Beadblasted black PVD-coated steel with black rubber insert
- Case-back: Sapphire crystal
- Strap: Black hornback and black PVD-coated satin-brushed steel folding clasp
- Limited edition: 25 pieces
- Retail price: CHF 82,000.-* / EUR 89,950.-* / USD 99,950.-*